Break out the pumpkins and cozy blankets – Fall is here!
Switching up your décor is a great way to get you prepared for the change of seasons, but what about the rest of your home? Here are 5 tips to get your home ready for the cooler weather!
Work from the top down
Check for loose shingles, leaves in the gutter and everything in between. Once you’ve made your way back down, take a look around for any cracks in the concrete and asphalt and patch them up.
Give everything a little TLC – Tender Loving Cleaning
- Power wash the siding
- Wash your windows and their screens
- Clean and reverse ceiling fan blades
- Shampoo the carpets
Hanging heavier drapes can help you keep the warm air in and the cool air out by providing additional insulation.
Look out for weathered weather stripping
Avoid cold drafts and improve energy efficiency with weather stripping. Here’s a guide on what you need and how to replace it if yours is looking worn down.
Take additional safety measures
- Replace batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide monitors
- Restock your emergency kit – things like flashlights, candles, spare blankets and so on are good to keep grouped up just in case.
- Schedule an HVAC inspection so it can heat your home safely and efficiently.
With these tips, you home will be fall ready from the inside out!